Thursday, July 23, 2009

March 26, 2009: Ooh Baby, Baby...!

The day has finally arrived! After a looong 9 months of puking, back pain, heartburn, and just being huge and uncomfortable (not to mention the daily comments from my patients at work or strangers telling me how big I was), our beautiful, precious, incredible baby girl is FINALLY here!

So, here's the story. I went in to the hospital at 6:00 am to be induced. (By the way, I LOVE being induced, I was induced with each of my pregnancies. Thank goodness for the kindness and mercy of my doctors to schedule inductions for me. My due date was April 2nd, exactly one week away!) Anyway, the nurse put me on the monitor, drew my labs, started my IV and got everything ready for the doctor to arrive. Dr. Lowder came in around 7:20 and broke my water. The nurse started the pitocin and called the anesthesiologist for my epidural. I got the epidural around 8:00 am and got some relief for a few contractions. About 15 minutes later I was REALLY uncomfortable, I could still feel strong, painful contractions. The nurse checked me and told me it was time to push! I was already 10 cm!! The nurse called Dr. Lowder and I think he literally flew over! I only had to push 2 or 3 times, and our sweet little baby girl was born at 8:35 am! What an easy labor (total labor time: 1 hr 15 min)! Welcome baby Harmony!
(waiting to be induced)

She's here! *** wt: 7 lbs. 9 oz *** length: 20 inches

Proud daddy! (Funny story about this picture...Dr. Lowder asked Nick for the camera and took this photo for us, then he turned around when we weren't looking and snapped a photo of the placenta! Dr. Lowder has such a crazy sense of humor!)

Halle and Hunter are so excited for their new baby sister!


What a special little addition to our family!

Halle and Hunter have been refering the the baby in my tummy as "girlie schmirl" because we could not pick a name. So for months that is what we'd been calling her! We finally decided on her name right before we left the hospital. We love you Harmony Summer!

1 comment:

  1. I was just wondering why you didn't post the picture of your placenta?:)

    ReplyDelete